I Can’t Keep Calm, I’m Getting Married!…Stay Away From the Wedding Stress
Planning your wedding can bring on a great amount of stress, especially when you have a large bridal party and/or are having a DIY wedding. Much of the stress also comes along when you are planning your wedding single-handedly. In helping brides and grooms prepare for this memorable day, I tend to remind them what the core meaning of their wedding day is. Many times I see couples overwhelmed by stress when trying to coordinate a seating chart or finalizing their timeline, but there are many simple ways to go about relieving stressors like so.
Here is a list of creative ideas on how to relieve stress, so make sure to take notes!
Wedding as a whole:
1) Hire a wedding planner, if this is not in your budget, then think about hiring a Day Of Coordinator, who’s job it is to tie up the loose ends, create a timeline, and run your big day.
2) Have a special wedding calendar where you can write down every consultation, appointment, and all of your notes.
3) Create a Pinterest Board where you can pin your ideas and create your ideal wedding image and how it to your vendors so that they may understand your vision.
Bride & Groom:
1) Couples Massage
2) Continue having date nights
3) Couples Yoga
2) Game Days or Nights
3) Girls night in (Champagne, ice cream, & nail polish) as the guys have their own night (Video games, B-ball at the gym)
Parents of the Couple:
1) Coordinate dinner nights, where you invite each others parents over for dinner
2) Go on hikes with your parents
3) Have a date night with your parents (ex: wine tasting, karaoke bar, etc.)
1) Massage/Spa day
2) Gym/Yoga time
3) Your favorite hobby! (ex: scrapbooking, running, making jewelry, etc.)
Fun & out of the ordinary stress relieving tips:
1) Zumba/Kickboxing class for your bridal party
2) Going to a shooting range
3) Volunteer/Community Service
These are all just a few ideas on how to relieve and minimize stress before your wedding day. Hope you make the time to go out and take advantage of these tips and ideas.